The Association of Governance, Risk & Compliance
Currently Not Available
Certified Risk Management Specialist
Why AGRC’s Certified Risk Management Specialist Programme?
Here are the main benefits delivered by our Certified Risk Management Specialist programme:
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk management, including in-depth coverage of the risk management frameworks, risk assessment, risk treatment, and the reporting, monitoring, recording, review and communication of risk.
- Its heavy reliance on practical case studies offers you a practical and hands-on approach to learning about risk management and what is required to curtail or prevent risk from impacting your organisation.
- The necessary tools, information, practices, and skills to transform you into an in-demand professional for financial institutions and other organizations looking to strengthen their departments dedicated to risk management and risk assessment.
- Year-round registration with the option to complete the 15-hour online interactive Certified Risk Management Specialist programme at your own pace and schedule within 3 months, plus two attempts to pass the one-hour final exam consisting of 40 multiple choice questions. If you’re in Saudi Arabia, you can complete this programme in person with our official training partner MEIT.
- Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRC professionals worldwide.
- Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a compliance professional.
The Certified Risk Management Specialist Curriculum
AGRC’s Certified Risk Management Specialist programme covers the following specific topics:
- The main Principles and Definitions of Risk Management
- ISO 31000 Risk Management framework and processes
- The Risk and Opportunity Matrix
- Costs and Benefits of Risk Management
- Uncertainty in Risk Management and its dimensions
- The Limitations of Risk Management
- Developing a Risk-Aware Culture in organisations
- The Aims of Risk Management in organisations
- Influences on Risk Culture
- Historical Foundations of Risk Management
- The COSO ERM Integrated Framework
- And plenty more!
Expected Learning Outcomes
Here’s what you can expect to achieve following the completion of this Certified Risk Management Specialist programme:
- Understand what involves risk management and risk assessment
- Define, implement and manage appropriate risk management controls for your company
- Gain a solid understanding of the historical foundations of risk management and the different frameworks involved
- Understand risk culture and how to build a risk-aware organisation
- Develop an efficient and comprehensive risk management programme and policy for your company
- Learn how to use the risk and opportunity matrix
AGRC’s programme has been designed for professionals looking to build a career in risk management, either at an organizational or governmental level. This might include staff working in or aspiring to work in risk management, new graduates from any discipline, employees involved in risk, financial crime prevention, AML and/or compliance functions, or those wanting to build a career in risk management in the fields of Banking, Insurance, Asset Management, Funds, and other financial services.