The Association of Governance, Risk & Compliance
Currently Not Available
Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
Why AGRC’s Financial Crime Prevention Specialist Programme?
Here are the main benefits delivered by our Financial Crimes Prevention Specialist programme:
- Comprehensive knowledge of what it takes to prevent financial crime, including a general understanding of what constitutes financial crime, financial crime risks, the different typologies of fraud at an individual and institutional level, and how to develop a solid fraud response policy for your company.
- Its heavy reliance on practical case studies offers you a practical and hands-on approach to learning about financial crime and what is needed to curtail or prevent it altogether.
- The necessary tools, information, practices, and skills to transform you into an in-demand professional for financial institutions and other organizations looking to strengthen their departments dedicated to the prevention of financial crime.
- Year-round registration with the option to complete the 15-hour online interactive Financial Crimes Prevention Specialist programme at your own pace and schedule within 3 months, plus two attempts to pass the one-hour final exam consisting of 40 multiple choice questions. If you’re in Saudi Arabia, you can complete this programme in person with our official training partner MEIT.
- Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRC professionals worldwide.
- Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a compliance professional.
The Financial Crime Prevention Specialist Curriculum
AGRC’s Financial Crimes Prevention Specialist programme covers the following specific topics:
- The main Types of Financial Crime including fraud, tax evasion, market abuse, money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, and corruption
- Key Procedures and Processes companies and staff members should put into practice to help prevent financial crime
- Cybersecurity issues
- International Economic Sanctions
- Compliance Programs and Ethics
- Asset Recovery
- International Standards in financial crime prevention
Expected Learning Outcomes
Here’s what you can expect to achieve following the completion of this Financial Crimes Prevention Specialist programme:
- Understand what involves financial crime and what constitutes a financial crime risk
- Define, implement and manage appropriate fraud controls for your company
- Gain a solid understanding of the different types of fraud in the financial sector
- Understand identity theft, electronic crime, and other cybersecurity threats, and ways in which these are used by criminals
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of bribery and corruption at an institutional level
- Develop an efficient and comprehensive fraud response policy for your company
- Learn how to handle whistleblowers in a correct and productive manner
AGRC’s programme has been designed for professionals looking to build a career in the prevention of financial crime, either at an organizational or governmental level. This might include staff working in or aspiring to work in the compliance or AML area, new graduates from any discipline, employees involved in risk, financial crime prevention, AML and/or compliance functions, or those wanting to build a career in compliance in the fields of Banking, Insurance, Asset Management, Funds, and other financial services.