Certificate in Know Your Customer (KYC) & Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
Why AGRC’s KYC & CDD Certification?
Here are the main benefits delivered by AGRC’s Certificate in KYC & CDD:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the KYC and CDD procedures and tools required to assess client risk and comply with a wide variety of global Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CFT) regulations.
- Via the use of seven case studies, a solid and practical understanding of how to effectively manage the risk posed by potential clients and avoid doing business with criminals, terrorists and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs).
- The necessary tools and information to hone your skills as an AML and Compliance professional working for a bank, investment company or fund, financial services provider or law firm.
- Two chances to pass our certificate’s 40-question multiple choice exam.
- Access to a comprehensive and in-depth study handbook that will help you ace our exam.
- Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRC professionals worldwide.
- Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a Compliance professional.
The KYC & CDD Certificate’s Curriculum
AGRC’s KYC & CDD Certificate covers the following specific topics:
- An introduction to KYC
- The fundamental value of CDD
- How to set up and manage a strong and efficient CDD programme for your firm
- How to carry out CDD in high risk situations and keep adequate records to comply with the many regulatory requirements
- Seven specific AML case studies, and lots more.
Expected Learning Outcomes
Here’s what you can expect to achieve following the completion of this AML Certificate:
- Understand the importance of adopting effective KYC and CDD policies and procedures
- Review international guidance on the essential elements of KYC standards and their regulatory framework
- Be able to set up and maintain a solid and comprehensive CDD programme
- Assess the many levels of due diligence that can be applied by an organization
- Deal with higher risk situations and cases in a more effective and productive manner
- Gain a practical perspective on the adverse effects resulting from a lack of efficient KYC and CDD procedures
- And plenty more!
AGRC’s KYC & CDD Certificate has been designed for professionals who practice AML such as Compliance and AML Managers in banks, investment companies or funds, financial services providers and law firms.