Certificate in Sanctions Compliance
Why AGRC’s Sanctions Compliance Certification?
Here are the main benefits delivered by AGRC’s Certificate in Sanctions Compliance:
- Comprehensive knowledge of sanctions and an opportunity to explore the recent global trends in economic sanctioning, while tracing the roles of the relevant actors within this complex framework.
- Via the use of multiple case studies, a solid and practical understanding of the motives and rationale behind sanctions decisions, the resulting effects and the consequences experienced not only by the targeted parties but also those doing business with them, either directly or indirectly.
- The necessary tools and information to hone your skills as an AML and Compliance professional working for a bank, investment company or fund, financial services provider or law firm.
- Two chances to pass our certificate’s 40-question multiple choice exam.
- Access to a comprehensive and in-depth study handbook that will help you ace our exam.
- Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRC professionals worldwide.
- Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a GRC professional.
The Sanctions Compliance Certificate’s Curriculum
AGRC’s Sanctions Compliance Certificate covers the following specific topics:
- Definition of sanctions
- Institutional framework and legal basis
- The international framework
- Multilateral sanctions
- Unilateral sanctions and key sovereign states
- Categories of restrictive measures
- Administration of sanctions
- Key recent legal developments
- Managing and mitigating sanctions risk
- Sanctions compliance programmes
- Processes and systems
- Sanctions screening and evasion
- Due diligence, ownership, and control
Expected Learning Outcomes
Here’s what you can expect to achieve following the completion of this Certificate:
- Understand sanctions and the importance of compliance
- Understand why it’s important to comply
- Define a sanctions compliance programme and governance framework
- Define sanctions lists and screening
- Manage alert investigations
- Understand the risk and cost of getting it wrong
- Determine how much your institution is vulnerable to sanctions risks
- Apply modern methodologies that will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your programme
- Protect your institution from dealing with embargoed individuals or entities
- Understand the best practices for sanctions compliance controls
- And plenty more!
AGRC’s Sanctions Compliance Certificate has been designed for:
- Financial crime and regulatory compliance professionals
- Professionals working within the sanctions environment who wish to certify their knowledge
- Operational staff who need to understand the importance of sanctions compliance when dealing with customers and/or transactions
- AML, compliance, and risk professionals
- Anyone working in financial services interested in having a better understanding of how sanctions work.