Certificate in Compliance
Why ARGC’s Compliance Certificate?
Here are the main benefits delivered by AGRC’s Certificate in Compliance:
- Comprehensive knowledge of compliance’s backbone including issues such as: What are the sources of compliance requirements and where are they found; What behaviour satisfies compliance, and; How do compliance personnel motivate compliant behaviour throughout their organization.
- Via the use of four practical case studies, a thorough understanding of the essential elements of effective organizational compliance, including an in-depth exploration of its main concepts, considerations, and strategies for assessing risks and managing the compliance function and its related programs.
- The necessary tools, information, practices and skills to transform you into an in-demand professional for financial institutions and other organizations looking to create compliance programs or strengthen their current compliance function.
- Two chances to pass our certificate’s 40-question multiple choice exam.
- Access to a comprehensive and in-depth study handbook that will help you ace our exam.
- Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRC professionals worldwide.
- Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a compliance professional.
The Compliance Certificate’s Curriculum
AGRC’s Compliance Certificate covers the following specific topics:
- Compliance programs and perspectives
- Why do we need compliance?
International Regulatory Drivers & Controls
- What is regulation and what is it designed to achieve?
- Market forces
- Regulation put in practice
Compliance in Practice
- The roles of the Compliance department, Chief Compliance Office (CCO) and Board of Directors
- Key compliance activities, processes and relationships
Ethics, Compliance & Governance Perspectives
Other Key Compliance Areas
- Anti-money laundering (AML)
- Financial crime prevention
- Risk management
Expected Learning Outcomes
Here’s what you can expect to achieve following the completion of this Compliance Certificate:
- Understand the multiple Compliance requirements
- Organize and monitor the operation of a Compliance management system
- Implement processes for the management of breaches in Compliance requirements
- Provide education and training on Compliance requirements and systems
- Promote and communicate on Compliance requirements, systems and related issues with a sound understanding of the relevant legislation
- Show leadership in the workplace
- Identify risk, apply risk management processes and undertake Compliance audits
- Manage Compliance projects
This certificate is ideal for:
- Professionals working in or aspiring to work in the Compliance area in a wide variety of industries, including the banking, insurance and financial services sectors
- New graduates looking for a trending sector to move into
- Employees involved in risk functions and auditing