Certificate in AML
Why AGRC’s AML Certificate?
Here are the main benefits delivered by our Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering (AML):
- Comprehensive knowledge of what constitutes Money Laundering (ML) and the steps financial institutions need to follow to curtail the criminal world’s increasingly complex attempts to legalize the money accrued from its illegal activities.
- Via the use of five case studies, a thorough understanding of what has been put in practice across the globe to prevent Money Laundering from a legal, regulatory, political, enforcement and economic perspective.
- The necessary tools, information and skills to transform you into an in-demand professional for financial institutions and other organizations looking to create or strengthen their AML divisions.
- Two chances to pass our certificate’s 40-question multiple choice exam.
- Access to a comprehensive and in-depth study handbook that will help you ace our exam.
- Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRC professionals worldwide.
- Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a compliance professional.
The AML Certificate’s Curriculum
AGRC’s AML certificate covers the following specific topics:
- Money laundering methods, techniques, red flags and key risk areas
- AML compliance best practices & checklists
- Know Your Client (KYC) and Customer Due Dilligence (CDD)
- Beneficial ownership and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
- Economic sanctions and the relevant political and economic frameworks
- The main vulnerabilities of financial institutions vis-à-vis money laundering
- The legal framework for AML from a practical perspective
- AML case studies and analysis
Expected Learning Outcomes
Here’s what you can expect to achieve following the completion of this AML certificate:
- Identify ML-related risks and dangers that need to be dealt with via a rigid AML strategy
- Understand ML risk assessment and management and learn how to design a comprehensive AML risk-based approach
- Review the relevant processes and procedures that need to be adopted as part of an AML strategy
- Gain a practical perspective through a review of the relevant legal framework that covers AML
- Understand the importance of international economic sanctions and how these can be used as a tool to combat ML and plenty more.
AGRC’s AML Certificate has been designed for professionals looking to build a career in AML, employees with specific AML duties within an organization, or individuals working in the financial services industry who want a comprehensive training in AML. No previous knowledge or experience is required although it is assumed that those interested have good knowledge of English and a strong educational background.